June 12, 2011

Pause: Restart



Decided to write something today, not sure what. I just know that it's been a long time since I've logged onto this. A lot of people end up abandoning their blogs. They say they are too busy or that they've got nothing to write about. I agree. I feel like both apply to me. But why not write stuff down just to remind myself of what's been going on in the past few months? Let's do it.

First off, my computer has been a little piece of shit to me as of late. For the past month, it's been slowly deteriorating right beneath my fingertips. It all started when I accidentally spilled like four drops of water on the "p" key. Fucking, "p" key. It immediately stopped working so I thought, "Hey, how useful is the 'p' key anyway?" Turns out, it really wasn't that useful. I use the letter sparsely. Sure, now I had to say "okemon" and "enis" but who gives a shit? Besides, I found a way to get around that issue by simply copying and pasting a "p" from anywhere on the web. But it got worse.

Next off the list, the command button, really fucked me over. Now whenever I had to copy and paste I had to right-click the mother fucker. Seriously? No more shortcuts here. I felt like my keyboard was being a philosophical bitch, teaching me about life and morals. No shortcuts? Fuck you.

Fine, I'll deal with these losses. Then the unthinkable happened. The "p" and command key were back in action. I celebrated. I seriously celebrated. I mean think about it, that was a whole two weeks without those keys. It was like going a weekend without drinking or a week without pooping. And I could finally spell "pooping" in less than 5 minutes. It was great. Things were looking up. I went to sleep that night thinking, "Jesus, life is beautiful!"

No, no it's not, sir. When I woke up the next morning? More than half of these fucking keys stopped working. It's as if the "p" button came back from the dead and "commanded" all these fucking keys to abandon me. It was like a strike and I was an unruly boss. I began to reflect on why this shit was happening to me.

My WPM is 73, not bad. Do you think it's possible that the keys were like, "Hey, brown dude, stop fucking typing so fast. We're getting worn out over here, prick!" Maybe they were sick of all the dirt under my fingernails. I guess there is a whole list of reasons why a keyboard would rebel against me. Four fucking drops of water couldn't cause this.

Anyway, that's all I got for today.

p.s. This blog post took a month to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment